Watching documentaries is actually how my journey to veganism began. I love watching documentaries, especially about food. The first documentary I watched actually turned me vegetarian; “Food Inc.” (available on Netflix). I had always respected vegetarians and had tried the lifestyle many times, ending soon after the attempt began. Something about just seeing the documentary was enough to convince me to commit to change my ways. I was vegetarian for about 6 months before I watched the documentary that inspired my decision to be vegan: “Cowspiracy” (also available on Netflix). I was open to veganism before I saw “Cowspiracy,” but after watching it I knew I was ready and motivated enough to become vegan. This was May 1st, 2016, and I’ve been vegan since! I’ve loved it and sharing the many benefits it comes with, so without further ado here are my favorite vegan documentaries:
- Cowspiracy (Netflix)
- Talks about sustainability and how much of an impact our diets have on Earth. (My personal favorite!)
- Forks Over Knives (Netflix)
- Shows the many health benefits of plant based lifestyle.
- Food Inc.
- An inside look into the way that American foods and goods are produced.
- Earthlings (Online)
- This film is very graphic, please do not watch if you are easily triggered. That being said, it’s message is powerful about our dependence on animals.
What kinds of documentaries do you like? Have you seen any of these? What other films should I check out?